Submitted by Agbenyo John Stephen on Friday, 21st January, 2011 — News item
Savana Signatures has identified the low female participation in ICTs in Northern Ghana and as a result, the organization has come out with several strategies to improve upon female participation in ICT. One of such strategies is the formation of the Female ICT Teachers Association (FICTTA).
The Objectives of FICTTA are:
- To build the capacity of female ICT teachers
- To raise awareness of ICT among female teachers
- To make visible female I.C.T. role models
- To advocate more professional development for women teachers in the area of technology
- To promote programmes in schools that will encourage girls to undertake studies in I.C.T.
- To encourage partnership among schools, women groups and industry to increase the number of girls working and studying in I.C.T. fields.
The organisation will do with the support of all members and organisations on this list for the growth and stregthening of this Association. Please visit the news section of www.savsign.org to read more or go here